Okay, so maybe it’s a little early to start planning for the upcoming holiday season, but in our household, any excuse to browse through pages of survival gear is an excuse we’re not going to pass up!
If you’re looking for practical gifts to give this Christmas and are on a budget or are in need of some cheap stocking stuffers for the kids, you’re in the right place. We’ve spent hours looking for great survival-related presents for the upcoming holiday season, and we’ve come up with some pretty cool gear to show for it.
Just as a heads up, some of the products may be a little over $15 depending on if you see the regular price or if you see the same Amazon sale price as we do. That being said, they’re not going to be much more than a dollar or two above the 15. Take a look at what we’ve found and let us know in the comments if there are any other under-$15 survival products you’d recommend gifting. Without further ado…
25 Survival Gear Products Under $15
1. The Friendly Swede Carabiner Survival Kit: This survival kit has all the basics you’ll need to survive packaged in one tiny, adorable wrap.
|The Friendly Swede (TM) Carabiner “Grenade” Survival Kit Pull with Tin Foil, Tinder, Fire Starter, Fishing Lines, Fishing Hooks, Weights, Swivels, Dobber, Knife Blade Wrapped in 500 lb Paracord in Retail Packaging (Army Green Camo) -Lifetime Warranty
2. Potable Aqua Water Treatment Tablets: We all know that water is the single most important resource in a survival situation. If you take survival seriously, these are a must – so it’s impossible for them not to be a great survival gift.
3. Light My Fire Swedish FireSteel 3,000 Strike Fire Starter with Emergency Whistle: Light My Fire make the best fire steel fire starters in the industry. At $13.49, with the striker doubling up as a whistle, this purchase is a no brainer.
4. Olicamp Space Saver Cup: This space saver cup is perfect for off-road cooking. It fits the standard wide Nalgene-style bottles, a big benefit so that you can conveniently carry water with you as well.
5. Ultralight Backpacking Canister Camp Stove with Piezo Ignition: If you don’t want to go through the hassle of building a fire, these ultralight stoves are a godsend.
6. Nuclear Anti Radiation Tablets KIO3 170 mg Potassium Iodate: If you know someone who’s really into survival, these anti-radiation tablets would make one of the coolest gifts ever.
7. Paracord Planet Military-Spec Commercial Grade 550lb Type III Nylon Paracord [x]: 50 feet of 550 pound strand paracord. Yes, we know you’d thought of paracord as a survival gift option, but how could we make a survival gear list of items under $15 and not add it just once?
8. Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets: Super useful and not just as a way of heating yourself. These can help with signalling for rescue, as they create a large, reflective surface area making it easy to catch attention. They weigh nothing and at $6.85 for 10, they’re practically a steal.
9. Windstorm Safety Whistle: If this is not the loudest whistle currently in production, it’s definitely somewhere at top of the list. Sticking to the rescue theme, these are excellent in survival situations.
10. Stanley 4-in-1 Pocket Screwdriver: A 12 gauge might protect you from a zombie attack during the apocalypse, but what will you do when you need to fix some broken gear? Gotta have one of these on you, too.
11. Black Streamlight Nano Light – Miniature Keychain LED Flashlight: One of the tiniest flashlights on the market. Stick it on your keychain and forget about. There’ll be no good excuse for not having a light on you again.
12. Opinel No8 Carbon Pocket Knife: You really can’t go wrong with gifting this classic. It’s a folding carbon steel knife that will out-cut anything even remotely near its price range. One of the best bang-for-buck knives ever produced.
13. Suunto A-10 Field Compass: Unless you’re a whiz with telling directions from the stars and the location of the sun, you’re probably going to need one of these on you. One of the best field compasses made, and at $9, it’s great value for the cost.
14. QuickClot Sport’s Advanced Clotting Sponge: Definitely a huge asset to have on you in a medical emergency. It will halt bleeding faster than anything else on the market.
15. Ultimate Survival Technologies’ JetScream Whistle: A much smaller option to the Windstorm whistle listed above. Ridiculously loud for its size.
16. Lansky PS-MED01 BladeMedic: Of course this is nowhere near the best knife sharpener in the world, but taking into account the size, weight, and cost of this thing, it’s a pretty damn good deal.
17. UCO Stormproof Matches: These are waterproof and windproof, and have 15 second burn time. Excellent matches that – get this – will even burn under water!
18. Fenix E01 Flashlight: One of the most durable backup flashlights ever produced. It uses a single, standard AAA battery. Can’t get much more convenient than that.
19. Gerber 31-001742 GDC Zip Blade: Believe me, this thing will come in super handy someday. And it’s so tiny you’ll forget you have it on you – until you need it of course.
20. U.S. Military Field Style Medic Instrument Kit: These high quality medical instruments are perfect for a crisis. Of course you can hope you’ll never have to use them, but when you no longer have a choice, you’re going to wish you had these on you. Better to have them and never need them, that’s for sure!
21. Adventure Medical Kits’ Adventure Heatsheets Survival Blanket: Emergency shelter for you and one other in high visibility colour.
22. Chainmate 24-Inch Survival Pocket Chain Saw with Pouch: Not all survival pocket chain saws are created equal, and this is definitely one of the better ones. For such a low price, certainly a worthy product to gift.
23. Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife with Sandvik Carbon Steel Blade: This is the military version of the modern Mora knife. It’s one of the best bang-for-buck fixed blade survival knives on the market.
|Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife with Sandvik Carbon Steel Blade, Military Green, 4.1-Inch
24. Klean Kanteen Wide Mouth Bottle with Stainless Loop Cap: Excellent water container, and because of its 100% stainless steel construction, you can throw it in a fire to boil water in it, too.
25. Condor EMT Pouch: This small gadget pouch made by Condor is excellent for holding some of that emergency survival gear you just bought!
***Looking for more gear you can use as survival stocking stuffers? Check out are article, “Cheap Survival Gear: Best You Can Buy for Under $25“!
Which Survival Stocking Stuffers Are Your Favourites?
Ever gotten some of these for yourself, family, or friends? Got some more survival stocking stuffer ideas that weren’t mentioned here? Let us know in the comments!