Do you leave gift-buying until the last minute? You’re definitely not alone. Between work or school, and the hecticness around holidays and special occasions, it can be hard to find the time to go out shopping for a really good present. It’s also easy to leave present shopping until last minute if you have absolutely no idea what to buy, or if you know what kind of thing to get, but haven’t exactly found the right gift yet.
While it’s much less of a hassle to cop out and just grab a gift card, it’s also a lot less rewarding, both for you and for the receiver of the gift. There’s no better feeling than watching your friends’ and family members’ faces light up as they open up the present that you got them.
If you’ve got a gear junkie for a friend, it can be particularly tough to buy presents – especially considering he or she likely already has a heck of a lot of gear stashed away at home. What can you buy for the gear junkie who has everything? Hopefully you’ll find one or two good fits on this list.
Side note: I’ve double checked to make sure that all these gifts listed here will be able to make it to your houses before Christmas. Make sure you snag what you want, though, as I’ve already had to replace 3-4 items on the list just this morning due to a few of them running completely out of stock. Remember, Christmas is exactly 1 week away!
Gear Junkie Gift Giving
1. Leatherman Wave: One of the most versatile multi-tools on the market; incredibly popular, and for good reason.
|Leatherman 830039 New Wave Multitool with Leather/Nylon Combination Sheath
753 total customer reviews…
2. Garmin Fenix Hiking GPS Watch with Exclusive Tracback Feature: With the amount of tech this watch has, you’d think it’d be the weight of a brick, but it’s actually remarkably lightweight. Very cool gadget. Has GPS and full ABC (altitude, barometer, and compass), all on your wrist.
|Garmin Fenix Hiking GPS Watch with Exclusive Tracback Feature
109 total customer reviews…
3. RHA MA600i Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphone: While there are better sounding earphones, you won’t find tougher ones for the price. If you’re looking to gift some good beater/outdoor earphones that still have audiophile-level quality, these are the ones for you.
|RHA MA600i Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphone with Remote and Microphone – 3 Year Warranty
33 total customer reviews…
4. Western Digital My Passport Ultra 1TB Portable External USB 3.0 Hard Drive with Auto Backup: Relatively fast, top notch security (integrated hardware encryption), especially taking into account the low entry price.
|WD My Passport Ultra 1TB Portable External USB 3.0 Hard Drive with Auto Backup – Black
5,328 total customer reviews…
5. Benchmade Adamas: Insane levels of tough packaged in one badass tactical look. Excellent fit and finish that will be admired by any knife fanatic. Reviewed here.
|Benchmade Knife 275BK Adamas Folding Knife Axis Locking Mechanism and G10 Handle Black
16 total customer reviews…
6. SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player: Incredible audio quality in one tiny package. Unbelievably affordable as well. Also has mechanical buttons, none of that touch-screen nonsense.
7. Fenix PD35 2014 Edition 960 Lumen CREE XM-L2 U2 LED Tactical Flashlight: The reference tactical flashlight. Punches far above its price range.
|Fenix PD35 2014 Edition 960 Lumen CREE XM-L2 U2 LED Tactical Flashlight with Two EdisonBright CR123A Lithium Batteries.
275 total customer reviews…
8. Motorola Moto 360 – Black Leather Smart Watch: Out of all the smart watches, this one resembles a watch the most. Very sleek and minimalist design as well.
|Motorola Moto 360 – Black Leather Smart Watch
88 total customer reviews…
9. Windmill Delta Stormproof Lighter: For when you really, really, really need fire. This thing’s not going anywhere.
10. Bellroy Men’s Leather Hide & Seek Wallet: Super slim wallet with a nifty hidden compartment. You can’t go wrong gifting one of these.
11. Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack: A nomad’s favourite. Hugs your body and has enough space to fit all your everyday carry gear (and much more!).
12. Kershaw 3880 Thermite Folding Knife: Ridiculous bang for buck. A legitimate Hinderer design under $50 – quite a steal. Reviewed here.
|Kershaw 3880 Thermite Folding Knife
56 total customer reviews…
13. Anker 2nd Gen Astro E4 Power Bank: You can’t go wrong with a practical gift, and everyone could use a little more juice for all that tech they’ve got.
14. 5.11 Rush 6 Mobile Operation Attachment Bag: When you need more than a messenger bag, but not quite a backpack, this is the perfect go-to.
15. SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 16GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive: You won’t believe how disgustingly small this USB drive is. I’m not joking, it’s even smaller in person than it looks in the pictures.
|SanDisk Cruzer Fit 8GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive- SDCZ33-008G-B35
6,123 total customer reviews…
16. Oakley Men’s Flak Jacket Iridium Sunglasses: The reference for tactical sunglasses. Unique styling, and serious comfort.
|Oakley Men’s Flak Jacket Iridium Asian Fit Sunglasses,Jet Black Frame/Black Lens,one size
209 total customer reviews…
17. Leatherman Wingman Multi Tool: The Leatherman Wave’s little brother, this multi-tool is perfect if you’re looking for the budget option.
18. Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (7-Inch, White): Can you remember when these cost double the price? It really wasn’t all that long ago.
|Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (7-Inch, White)
927 total customer reviews…
19. Columbia River Knife and Tool CRKT Williams Tactical Pen: One of the best tactical pens on the market. Really sleek styling for those who don’t like sharp, rough, or spiky tactical pens. Reviewed here.
20. Philips X2/27 Fidelio Headphones: Like the Philips X1, but on steroids. Everything on this one’s better, and yet it’s pretty much the same price as its predecessor.
|Philips X2/27 Fidelio Headphones, Black
14 total customer reviews…
Any Other Gear Suggestions?
Now I know a lot of the readers of this blog are serious gear junkies themselves, so do us a favour and list us the best gifts you’ve ever received. Christmas, birthday, doesn’t matter: let us know in the comments.